Friday, May 22, 2009

Heath Bits Peanut Butter Cookies

Ok, so here she is, my first born, my main helper in the kitchen and my sister, Donna's, goddaughter. She is 5 1/2 years old, getting ready to start kindergarten in September and whenever cookies are being made she is right there on her stool , ready to help and lick the spoon or eat the dough. She makes me laugh and cry, but she loves peanut butter so these are for her. I got this recipe from my sister, Donna, over at My Tasty Treasures . She got the recipe from the back of the Heath Bits bag. I do love back of the bag recipes. They are really good, and full of peanut butter and chocolate toffe, it doesn't get much better than that. These are a keeper.


Heath Bits Peanut Butter Cookies



1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup peanut butter
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
3 TBSP milk
1 TBSP vanilla
1 egg
1 1/4 cup flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/3 cup Heath Milk Chocolate Toffee bits,divided


Heat oven to 375.

Beat shortening,peanut butter,brown sugar,milk, and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Add egg; beat until just blended. Combine flour,baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture. Stir in 1 cup of toffee bits; reserve the rest for topping.

Drop by heaping teaspoons about 2 inches apart onto parchment lined cookie sheet(I love parchmant paper). Top each with reserved toffee bits. Bake 7-8 minutes or until set. Do not overbake. Cool 2 minutes. Remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Makes abot 3 dozen cookies.






My Justine loves them, maybe you will too.

18 comments:

  1. Ooo, great job, Justine! Denise, Justine is just precious and she obviously makes a really mean cookie :) These look absolutely fabulous. Toffee, chocolate, and PB happen to be three of my favorite ingredients. I can't wait to try out these cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I WOULD love them! They look great and your daughter is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's adorable and the cookies look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm, yummy! I love a back of the bag recipes, too...they always work!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet little helper you have! The cookies sound divine! PB + Toffee = yummy in my tummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If a company puts a recipe on the back of their product you know it will be good! These look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have one beautiful little helper!!!! the cookies look good too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cookies sound delicious and your helper is adorable! My daughter is also going to kindergarten this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a little cutie she is and she loves to bake too!! The cookies look fantastic, I love back of the bag recipes too, you know they have to be good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Denise,

    Thanks for stopping by Cookie Madness.

    I'm bookmarking this recipe for when I get back!

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I first saw the title of this post, I swear I saw Health bits. But that was wishful thinking! Or just me trying to persuade myself that if I make these and eat all of them, they will in fact be good for me. Your daughter is so adorable, what a good helper!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cutie! The cookies look insanely good, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. She's so cute!! I bet those cookies are soo tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. She's super cute. I'm pretty sure I'd love the cookies now if I wasn't so lazy about making cookies!
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  15. They look fantastic Denise. And Justine looks adorable as always..

    ReplyDelete
  16. You got cute kids, lady! I'd have cookies and milk with all of you gladly! I had boys, God knew I'd kill any man after my daughters!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww, your daughter is adorable! I loved helping my mom make cookies growing up! They look really yummy :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd be so happy to hear your thoughts, answer questions, or exchange ideas.