Friday, July 31, 2009

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Duo

I had to do it, I just had to. I just saw these cookies yesterday over at Jenny's blog, Picky Palate, I just knew I would have to make these ASAP. I am sure you are all familiar with Picky Palate, she has the most amazing things and her pictures are always awesome, so please go visit her, if you don't already. You will be sorry if you don't. You will be missing out on things like these cookies.The combo of chocolate and peanut butter is a big hit in our house and I love that I had everything on hand to make them. The Peanut Butter cookie dough has only 3 ingredients, 3 people, does it get easier than that. Here we go.



Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Duo


Peanut Butter Cookie dough

1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg


Mix all together in a bowl until well combined, set aside


Seriously, how hard is that?


Chocolate chocolate chip Cookie


1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cup flour
1 1/4 cup hersheys cocoa
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350.

Cream butter and sugars until well combined. slowly beat in eggs and vanila until well combined.

Place flour,cocoa,baking soda and salt into a bowl, mix with fork .

Add to wet ingredients along with chocolate chips, until just combined.

You will end up with these two doughs, yummy.



To Form Cookies:

Take 1 tablespoon of peanut butter dough and a tablespoon of choc cookie dough and gently press them together, forming a " not so perfect ball". Don't press too much, just stick them together and place on silpat or parchmant paper lined baking sheet.

Bake for 9-11 minutes or until cookies are cooked how you like them. Let cool 5 minutes before removing them to cooling rack. Enjoy, with a big, ice cold glass of milk.






These cookies are so cool. They look great. They were big and chewy and you could definately taste both flavors. These will become a regular in my house.

I think the next time I will double the peanut butter dough, because it didn't make as much as the chocolate cookie dough. It worked out ok though, I just used the leftover chocolate dough to make delish chocolate chocolate chip cookies, that were awesome as well.




25 comments:

  1. I love peanut butter. And who doesn't love chocolate. This cookie is truly the best of both worlds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made a similar recipe called Half and Halfs, but they didn't have peanut butter in them. Your version sounds better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peanut butter and chocolate everything seems to be making a comeback! While renting a DVD, I saw, and bought some peanut butter flavored malted milk balls(Whopper brand), thinking they could make a neat dessert. Unfortunately they were not as good as I'd hoped!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you love it when you see a recipe on a blog and "you have to do it!" What a grand cookie -all those flavors. Make everyone happy twice in one cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look soooo good. How can you go wrong with PB and chocolate together?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could pick those cookies from my screen and dip them in cold milk...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of a duo cookie! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look marvelous!!! I would love them.. Another one added to my to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They have such a cool look too! What a winning combo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I say oh yeah to this idea...they are definitely ying and yang in my books!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a great idea, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's the best of both worlds! These look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooohh these are so fun!! and so yummy, i bet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These rock!!! I am totally trying them soon...yum :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. the perfect yin and yang cookie- pb and chocolate! My brother would love these!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These would be so much fun for a bake sale or a nice potluck or the family gathering we have coming up....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this idea! Best of both worlds =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun cookie! My kids would definitely love these!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I saw those are her blog. Those are super cool looking. Yours look good, too!
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  20. So glad you enjoyed them Denise!! We will certainly be making these often in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow...the chocolate chocolate chip cookies look so good..I'd have to eat only that part since I really don't like peanut butter...but I need a good chocolate chocolate chip recipe to add some extra dimples to the back of my thighs so why not? :-) I hope to make these soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have to make these for my class. They will shout with joy. This is a clever recipe and the peanut butter part is a breeze and how difficult are chocolate chip cookies? If I get to make them, I will let you know. These inspire.

    ReplyDelete
  23. creamy peanut butter mmmmmm ! I have a question, I am allergic to eat peanut, can it affect me?
    I think that those cookies are so delicious and very cheap, I would like to buy or cook the cookies, thanks for the recipe!22dd

    ReplyDelete

I'd be so happy to hear your thoughts, answer questions, or exchange ideas.