Monday, June 8, 2009

Pioneer Womans Corn Fritters

One of the first blogs I ever started to visit regularly, even before I started my own, was The Pioneer Woman. I am sure most of you already check in on her , on a daily basis. Ree tells wonderful stories and even better has easy and really delicious recipes that deliver a punch. When I saw these cute and crunchy looking little corn fritters, I knew I had to make them immediately. It was a beautiful weekend, here, in New York, so we were going to BBQ, and I thought, this is perfect. These fritters will go great with the ribs we were having. I left out the chives, because nobody in my house, other than myself, eats anything green, but I feel like they were still as good. My kids loved them and ate them like popcorn.




PW Corn Fritters


4 generous cups corn kernels, fresh, frozen or canned
3/4 cup flour
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk, more to thin, if necessary
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cayenne powder
3 tsp fresh, chopped chive
canola oil, for frying



Mix flour,sugar and baking powder in a bowl. Add eggs, milk, salt and cayenne pepper. Stir together to make batter. Add corn and chives. Fold together to combine.
In a skillet or pot, heat an inch or so of canola oil to 365. When oil is heated, drop spoonfuls of batter and cook, flipping them once, until golden brown, like this:


Remove fritters from pot with slotted spoon and drain on paper lined plate. Serve alone, with dipping sauce, or sprinkle with powdered sugar or drizzle with maple syrup. I served them in a big bowl and it was every man for himself.
So do yourselves a favor, and try these, as soon as possible. These will be a keeper and a regular at every BBQ we have. Thanks, Ree, for another winner.



YUMMY!!!!!!

25 comments:

  1. this has got to be the best looking corn fritter I have ever seen...is that too corny to say?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't checked out Pioneer Woman's blog in months, I guess I've been missing some good recipes. The corn fritters look excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, those DO look good. I'm with Willoughby~I have been to PW's site in quite a long while. She does have good food!

    Your picture makes this look irresistible. YUM

    ReplyDelete
  4. These looks so crispy and delicious! I can see why they would go fast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. they look great I bet your kids loved em

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know you lived in NY! I just assumed you lived in NJ. These look so good with that chunky corn! I have a favorite family recipe similar to this. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This does look awesome, Denise. I will be trying this shortly. I am so sure we would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love PW! Her blog was my first food blog experience. I felt like I hit the jackpot! This recipe looks great and very family friendly. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, yes, yes...I want some! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw these on her blog too and they look great. I still plan on making that Tropical bread you posted last week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, those fritters look excellent! My family would really like this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Looking forward to sharing recipes with you. My sister in law swears by The Pioneer Woman...it may even by her bible. Adding you to follow and fave.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look awesome! I can't wait to try them!

    Love yor blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. She does have an awesome blog! Yours came out great!
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  15. I saw those on PW's site and drooled a bit! My husband has been pressing me to buy a deep fat fryer (um, how am I going to lose weight with that around?) but believe these corn fritters warrant the purchase!

    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How fun are these! I just love PW recipes. These came out perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my god. These look like littel hot chewy and crispy bites of heaven. I love how the corn is still sticking to each other like that!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Who doesn't like fritters-love these corn fritters :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. you just gave me an idea what to do with corn.Thanks. Nice blog,by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my word these look fantastic, thanks for the recipe. We planted corn this year, I can't wait to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Tasty! I would take an order of these babies right now please :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh man!! Those look sooo good!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This looks truly awesome! I love her recipes, too! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  24. this is really interesting. never thought of corn being cooked this way before :). very creative.

    ReplyDelete

I'd be so happy to hear your thoughts, answer questions, or exchange ideas.